GAR’s Educator Initiative Grant (EIG) Program is an annual program that supports teacher-initiated, classroom-based projects in Summit County.
- Teams of K-12 Summit County educators in public, private, parochial or not-for-profit charter schools
Priority is given to the following:
- Projects/programs that help students meet/exceed Ohio’s Learning Standards
- Projects that incorporate evidence-based teacher professional development
- Projects/programs that help teachers/students achieve/promote the district or school’s vision
- Projects that demonstrate support for keeping learners on track for college and career readiness, as demonstrated by progress along six key transition points on the Cradle-to-Career Continuum
The deadline to apply for an Educator Initiative Grant is February 23, 2018 by 5pm. GAR will announce funding in April, 2018
Amount of funding available
Up to $5,000
Grants to improve achievement in one or more classrooms
Up to $10,000
Grants to improve achievement in grade level or departments
Up to $15,000
Grants to improve achievement school-wide
EIG does not fund:
- Teacher stipends
- Furniture or capital improvements
- Incentives or rewards for students (pencils, pens, stickers, etc)
- T-shirts or clothing
- Standard school supplies
Important: How to apply for funding
- Step 1: Identify the educator who will serve as the primary contact for your team and school. Team leaders are not permitted to lead more than one project
- Step 2: View a blank application form to prepare for the questions
- Step 3: Download the Applicant’s Guide to:
- Review the Educator Initiative Grant Evaluation Rubric to ensure you’re meeting all of the guidelines
- Obtain both your Principal’s and Superintendent’s signature on the Endorsement Form that accompanies your application for your project
- Use the EIG Project Budget spreadsheet template provided to itemize and tally the total expenses for your project, and submit this form with your completed application. This is the only budget template that will be accepted with your application
- Step 4: Complete the online application form below
- Absolutely no attachments will be accepted other than your Project Budget and Endorsement Form
- A Letter of Inquiry is NOT required for an EIG application
If you are a new applicant to GAR Foundation and have never created an account in our online portal, follow these steps to create a new account:
Step 1: Once you’ve opened the application link above, click on the “New Applicant” link on the login page to create a new account using an email address and password.
Step 2: After you’ve completed the registration, you will receive a confirmation email with a link and login information so you can begin your application.
If you have applied to GAR in the past, click on the application link above and sign in using your e-mail and password. If you can’t remember your password, click on Forgot Password and follow the prompts.
Grant Preparation Workshops
Workshops are conducted for interested educators to describe the application process, explain the decision criteria, and answer questions.
For questions about the EIG Program, contact: Lucille Esposito, EIG Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or 330.550.6661